do all two year olds have selective hearing and scream at you

my son whins and screams all the time and i cant seam to stop him what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my kid only screams when he gets grumpy, so we know that if hes acting like that then he is hungry or tired or hurt. as for the selective hearing, well, i guess it depends on his mood. im sorry, but i really dont know what to do, i would suggest bringing it up at a dr appt, neither of my kids were like that so i dont know. his dr might be able to give u some pointers on what to do.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 8:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• This sounds just like my two year old and when he starts acting like this I normally try distracting him with a book and before we know it he's asleep.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 9:10 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• First, when he whines, tell him you will not answer him until he stops whining. Second, if he screams, put him in time out. Keep putting him there until he understands you mean business even if that's all you do all day long. It may be frustrating for you but it will payoff one day.
    JuneL

Answer by JuneL at 10:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Simpily stated: yes!
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2008