how come my baby wont turn over yet

my daughter is 6 months and is so lazy that she wont turn over help

fabulous15

Asked by fabulous15 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 1 yr old that refuses to sit.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• What do you mean by turning over..rolling from her belly to her back or her back to her front?

From belly to back, it's a skill that usually develops around 4 months but sometimes later depending the the amount of tummy time they infant gets.

From back to belly, it doesn't usually emerge until 6 months, so it's a bit early to worry.
    But there is a TON of advice on the internet on how to encourage your little on to do so and to build the muscles they need to do so.
    Martina70

Answer by Martina70 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• LOL, my son does the back to belly but has only done the belly to back a few times! Babiees are goofy, don't worry about it. :) Just make sure she's getting her tummy time!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:50 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My son didn't do it until about 7-8 months. She'll do it, when she is ready. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Some babies take long to do things, that is why the all by numbers health care system scars parents because no child is exactly like another. As long as you are giving her enough tummy time (even show her how, mover her body) it will come when she is ready. Most of parenting is not directing the child but figuring out what they need form us in order to help them grow and develop.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 10:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My son rolled over for the first time at 5 months, then refused to do it again until he was 8 months old. He just had no interest in it. In fact, he tried very hard not to roll over (he'd be on his side and balance himself with his leg going back and forth, and if he got too close to rolling over he'd fling his arm out to put himself back on his back, it was actually quite amusing). It's not that big a deal if they don't roll by 6 months, just as long as they get their tummy time to build up their neck and upper body muscles.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2008