• In the Spotlight:

%Who here has done milk mixed with the formula%

Iam getting my alsmot 1 year old on whole milk...i have been doing 2 ounces of milk the rest formula and water..i up the ounces every week... she is doing great with this...who else has or is doing this and how is your child doing with it? thank you all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we did it.
    they love cows milk
    also we did it with a sippy cup. was off the bottle like 2 wks b4 there 1st bday
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• That is exactly what I did when I was switching my son over to milk. That is what his Dr. told me to do, to make it a smooth transition. It worked extrememly well and we had no problems whatsoever. The reason that I did it that way wasn't only because of the Dr. My sister had a very hard time switching her daughter over from formula to milk, so that is why I asked the Dr. Good Luck to you, but it should be smooth sailing!!
    Anonymous

• I did it with my sons. I started like you with 2 oz milk to 6 oz formula and slowly upped it weekly, going 4 oz milk and 4 oz formula, then 6 oz milk and 2 oz formula, until I finally just used milk. My older two did great with the transition, but my youngest, who was breastfed up until we transitioned to milk, ended up getting quite constipated. But he had never really had much formula - he hated it and would not drink it at all, so he had a more abrupt intro to whole milk. It worked really well with the older boys though, no problems at all switching to whole milk, and they still love it at 10 and 6.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• I did it the same way as recommended by my children's pediatrician.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I did the same with both of my boys. Neither of them liked the taste of the cows milk at first. I made the mistake of not switching my oldest off the bottle at the same time so we had a rough time getting him to drink milk from the cup. With our youngest we made the switch from formula to milk in the cup.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2008