4 months and still swaddleing!

Okay you might be thinking, WHAT?! But yes, my daughter turned 4 months 2 days ago and I still swaddle her to sleep. I have tried to get her to sleep without swaddleing her but she doesent seem to fall aleep. So once I swaddle her, nice and tight she falls asleep. My question is is it okay for me to keep swaddleing her to sleep? If not what can happen? Untill when is the best time to stop. When she had turned 2 1/2 months she was already sleeping through the night from 10 or 11pm to 9am. So should I stop or continue untill she shows sighns of not wanting to be swaddled? If you can help please do so. Thank you.

lasisterd

Asked by lasisterd at 11:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I swaddled my son till about 7months or so it was the only way he would sleep for more then 10minutes!
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• wow, i don't know...i stopped swaddeling my daughter at 2 months old. i guess keep doing whatcha' been doin'...it's working for ya.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2008

• The only reason I stopped swaddling is because they would kick themselves out of it. If it works, no harm can be done!
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 12:12 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I did the same as you. I probably would have kept it up but when I talked to the Dr. and told him that I was doing it, he told me to probably go ahead and stop that my son needed to move his arms and such around more.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Heck, if I could..I would still swaddle my 4 1./2 and 2 yr old! LOL I swaddled them as long as I could until they no longer wanted to be (aka kicked and wiggled their way outta it). That just meant they were done with it. lol

Man, they slept better as babies than they do now. Ugh... lol
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 12:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My son is 4 1/2 months and we still swaddle him at night. If we don't he flaps his arms and rolls around in his sleep and wakes himself up lol. He doesn't always like GETTING swaddled (never did!) but he's way more content and comfy once he's all wrapped up and laying down!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• If she's still cool with it, keep it up! It's been proven to have great benefits up to six months of age!

That being said, when any of you were kids, did you get tucked in good and tight? And who still likes to have a blanket tucked in all around them? I sure do! It feels cozy, comfy, and safe!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My 6mo still loves to be swaddled so I say if it makes them happy then do it! :)
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My daughter HATED to be swaddled she never did it a day in her life. I would just keep doing what you're doing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My little guy wouldn't let us swaddle him, even as a newborn. I read somewhere to ease up on the area around the hips when swaddling older infants.....can't remember why....
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 9:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2008