Does your DS work shifts?

Anyone else whos DH works shifts? If so, do you sometimes love it when he goes on midnight so you can have the whole bed to yourself!?!? I love the first 2 nights he's on midnight, then I miss him!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My DH does a shift rotation of 10 weeks day and 10 weeks nights. I like each for different reasons, but it's hard the first couple of weeks. My DH just started night Weds and it's weird not having him in bed, but nice, because I'm preggo and surround myself with pillows.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• oh my dh is the one who stays home.

i work from 9pm-7am and my dh is having a really hard time falling asleep and when i am off like tonight he dont understand y i cant come to bed and i am not tired.
    poor hubby
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Oh no way. He never works midnights but we were apart for 1 night when he had his appendix removed and I hated it. He can not sleep without me in bed and vice versa. I do enjoy having the bed to myself for about 45 mins in the morning after he gets up before work and before I get up for work but longer than that, I dont think I could handle it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My husband is a police officer and when he worked 3rd shift....I barely slept because I was so not used to being alone without him in the bed...not in the house, let alone being on the road. But now he's on 2nd and comes home around 3am. So now enjoy the time to hog the bed before he climbs in. lol
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 12:12 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• He does work some over night shifts and I can't sleep without him by my side!!! I hate when we are appart and so does he. He works wierd shifts so we get ALOT of alone time together (our kids are in full day school) so when we don't get to be together it's TORTURE for us both!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 12:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• He doesn't work late now, but when he does, it's hard to fall asleep w/o him. I really liked it when he got up really early though because I got a few quiet (snore-free) hours before I had to get up.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Mine has to be at work about 3:30 am so he gets up at about 2:30. So I get a little bit of time to myself to spread out in bed...until my 2 yr old gets in bed with me. urg.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My husband works 3pm-sometime after 11:30pm. I get up at 4am, so I go to bed without him 5 out of 7 nights a week. It doesn't bother me at all. He's there when I wake up though.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My husband sleeps on the couch. He has for a year now because 1-he snores horribly and I was getting only a couple of hours of sleep a night and was about to have a nervous breakdown and 2-we only have a twin bed so there isn't room for both of us. Last year I offered to switch back and forth (one week he sleeps on the couch and the next week I do but he refused). Sometimes he crawls into bed with me in the morning but then he falls asleep and snores in my ear and forces me to get up. Ugh.
    But, yeah my husband works shifts. Right now he's on the early morning one. He gets up at 4:30am. His shift is from 5am-2:30pm but he works a lot of doubles so doesn't get home until 9-10pm some nights.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2008