I am going back to school. Just received my acceptance letter yesterday. Will start class in January. I guess I am getting a little nervous after 10 years out of college.My questions are : What's your major? What are your study techniques?

justfiel

Asked by justfiel at 12:19 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I am in my last semester of nursing. I will graduate with my degree in May.
    Study techniques...hmmm....I'm always studying...I walk around with notes in my hand. lol
    I don't do flash cards because they don't really help. I retype my notes and study from there.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Pre-Optometry (major) and Theatre Arts (minor). No technique right now....stopped going to school for now...pregnant with #2...going to wait until baby 1 and baby 2 are old enough for preschool to start up again. So, ask me in 4 years, LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My undergrad major was Liberal Studies (for teaching) and my graduate major was Educational Leadership (to one day be principal.) I studied by reading the bold face words, the headings, and chapter summaries. It worked like a charm. I also highlighted the important stuff.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Congratulations I hope all goes well for you !!!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I do use flash cards and they do help me. I also am a nursing student. Flash cards are what help me the most. Everyone is different, so different techniques work differently for people. I'm sure the college you will be attending has a learning center in which they can provide you with several studying techniques and then you can find the one that works the best for you. I wish you luck on your travels.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Thank you, ladies! I admire those of you who are at the end of your quest! For those who are taking a 'break', well...you are still in *the largest 'universe-city'* of them all ;) lol

I am kind of going 180 degree turn with this one. My background is of language and arts study. Now going into healthcare with heavy loads of maths and science *cringes* lol

*breathing in deeply taking in your vibes, your positive energy of strength and perseverance!* :D
    justfiel

Answer by justfiel at 12:40 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Wow! Congrats!
    After the class I am currently in, I will have 6 classes left and then I will be finished with my Bachelors of Science in Health Administration. I have taken it all online and started June 2007- I am very proud of myself because I currently have a 3.07 GPA. My study technique is to wait till the babies go to sleep, then do my studying and homework online till about 5:30AM, go to sleep and then get back up with them @ 9:00AM. I only do this 3 days out of the week though when my husband is working his 24 hour shifts. Then I devote daytime hours to school on Sunday when my DH is home.
    Good luck! I wish you the best!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I'm getting my BSN (bachelors in nursing), then going to be a certified nurse midwife after my master's program. I rewrite my notes ASAP after class, so I can be more thorough (I use my text and any study guides I have for the class), and I do use flashcards for some things. This coming semester will be the first with a baby, so I'm sure it will change things! I used to go to a cafe to get away from the distractions of home, and I would get lost for hours in notes and textbooks, but we'll see how it goes in the spring!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Thank you so much, ladies! I really appreciate the insights :) Wishing us all wellness! :D *still breathing in deeply...* :)
    justfiel

Answer by justfiel at 10:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• bump
    justfiel

Answer by justfiel at 11:41 PM on Dec. 20, 2008