Simple Resignation Letter

Its been years since I have had to write one. I like my job, but the opportunity to go pt there is not going to happen and I need to work pt at this point of my life.

Can someone help me with a simple resignation letter?
I want to of course say I am resigning in 2 weeks, but also want to give thanks, but do not want it to be long.

thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• Dear [manager's name],

I would like to inform you that I will be resigning and that my last day will be [date]. I would like to thank you for the opportunity to work here. Unfortunately, I currently need to find a part-time position for this stage in life and as I understand it, it is not plausible here at [company name]. I am sincerely grateful for the experience I have gained and the relationships I have made while working here.

Sincerely,

[name]

I would suggest either making a copy if you're going to give a typewritten and hand-signed letter or sending a blind copy (BCC) email to yourself if you're going to email it. I recommend an email with a blind copy to your personal email. That way you have a copy of the resignation notice date in case there are any issues. Also forward any email replies from your manager to your email

I am experienced in employment law though I am not a lawyer.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• Your Address
    Your City, State, Zip Code
    Your Phone Number
    Your Email

Date

Name
    Title
    Organization
    Address
    City, State, Zip Code

Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name:

Please accept this letter as notification that I am leaving my position with ABCD on August 3.

If I can be of assistance during this transition, please let me know.

Sincerely,

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• Even President Richard Nixon's resignation letter was simple. lol Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• I agree with both ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2011