Would you be upset if your husband didn't wear his wedding band?

My husband doesn't wear one because of the work he does (he'd rather not lose his ring finger...) and it's never once made me feel insecure. He might occassionally wear it when we go out. My father doesn't wear one either so maybe I was raised with the idea that men don't need to wear a wedding band to show they are faithful. I'm just curious because I have friends who freak out if their husbands don't wear their wedding ring.

Silvertears1275

Asked by Silvertears1275 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My DH wears his now but when he was in the Military his job did not allow any rings. I did not bother me at all. Now...if for some reason i took off MY band and forgot to put it back on then he would totally be pissed. LOL
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• my dh dont nither do i.
    I had to get mine cut off.
    HIs for some reason broke him out.
    stupid $1000 rings
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I wouldnt be mad It depends on the job he is doing. I dont wear mine I wear a cheap dollar store ring lol Because my wedding ring is too small right now and he doesnt mind as long as I wear a ring on that finger
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 12:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• We both wear ours but it wouldn't bother me if he didn't. I know he's married & he's very committed to me.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• He doesn't wear his to work or when he works on cars but if we go out then he will wear it. I always wear mine there would probably be hell to pay if I didn't since he just upgraded mine.
    jmsbowtie

Answer by jmsbowtie at 12:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• we both go weeks without wearing our rings...it doesnt bother either one of us. we just alwasy forget them in the shower or soemthing
    sillymommy1206

Answer by sillymommy1206 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My DH doesn't wear his. I'm not insecure about it at all. He's not a jewelry kinda guy anyways. I knew that when we got married.
    I think for some guys, it's a show of lack of commitment, but not for others.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I use to get all bent outta shape when my DH didn't wear his, and from time to time a still get a bit bothered. Honestly though, as far as wearing it too work I am okay that he doesn't because he is a EMT/ Firefighter and its best that he doesn't wear it. But like if we go out together I would like that he wear it, but he is just so use to not having it that he doesn't really think about it. From time to time if we are just sitting around the house together he will put it on, and that shows me that he does think about it. However, we didn't get married to the rings. We married each other and rings do not justify that like we do by remaining faithful.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would want him to wear it unless it interfered with his job. It's a symbol of love and marriage. I have waited a LONG time for it and I would def want to see him expressing his commitment by wearing his ring. That's just me, though.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• im not married..but i think it would bother me..its a symbol that the 2 of us are commited..not wearing it, just doesnt seem right..like i can understand if theres some certain jobs..but..at least every other time hellz ya he should be wearing it..my sis and her hubby never wear theres..and i know its cuz theyre goin thru a rough patch..but still..theyre still married, and it realllllllllly pisses me off that they dont..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2008