I need to find something to do with my son. He is 15 months old and we just moved to North Carolina. I feel guilty having him at home all day long. Its so monotonous and I feel like I am doing him a disservice.

I would like to find something to do with him. There isn't a GYMBOREE in this area and I don't really know about a YMCA.

randah122

Asked by randah122 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Look into seeing if there is a Mommy and Me playcenter or something similar to that, alot of those places have "open play" where you just pay a small price each time you go and you can go whenever you wish. It's nice because during open play there isn't a schedule they just get to run around and play and make little friends. It's also nice because they get to play with toys you may not have. Just a thought, this is what I do with my son everyweek and he loves it.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I enjoy taking mine to the bookstore/cafe. There is a kids area in mine. They get to play, read for free and I enjoy coffee, while teaching them etiquette and they get to be a little social. Also if the mall has a play area. My bookstore is in the mall
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I bet you can find other moms in your area (maybe even on cafe mom, there's one on here for my county that is just for mom's of toddlers) and set up play dates. We used to get together every week at someone else's house for a few hours. Sometimes we'd set the date up at the mall or other kid friendly place. Not only does your child have fun, but it's great to meet other moms going through similar issues. I didn't know any of them when I went the first time, but I now have some amazing friends. (that and we have clothing swaps every once in a while and get "new" clothes for nothing!) If cafe mom doesn't have one for your county, it's easy to start one. Then set up a play date for toddlers and see what happens!
    usa29

Answer by usa29 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• What part of NC are you in i lived there for eight years send me a message and ill help you out...
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Look and see if the school system has a parents-as-teachers group. When we lived in MO we had that and so we got together with the group and had fun with them.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 8:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• hey i just moved to Nc and i have the same problem....my daughter is used to haveing 5 or more babies to play with...so its a big change...
    babygurl318

Answer by babygurl318 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Whether you're religious or not, churches can be a good place to socialize your kiddo. They often have Mother's Day Out or other programs to get little ones (and their mommies) together. Personally, I get together with neighbors in my apartment complex.
    BobbysMom2007

Answer by BobbysMom2007 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Where in NC? I live in Wilmington/Carolina Beach. Look on www.meetup.com for playgroups, and next time you are at your peds office ask about anything they know of. Just take your kid to the park and let him go wild. But yeah, if you live in my area PM me and I'll tell you about a few places. I also have a friend who lives in Fort Bragg and one in Elisabeth City.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 8:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2008