Mothers with two or more kids...

HOW DO YOU JUGGLE MULTIPLE KIDS!!?? My DH and i want to try for another baby in aug. We have a 2 yo and I keep going back and fourth on it cause i just cant see how you can attend to 2 children and give them efficient attention to teach them and work with them on homework and teaching them the facts of life and everything else important. my ds will be 5 when the new baby is 2. how will i sit down with my 5yo and chase a 2yo around the house while im trying to help my 5yo with hw?! im an only child and i have never seen a house hold ran with more than one kid.

sillymommy1206

Asked by sillymommy1206 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• i have twins you have to do what you have to do. Its not so bad.
    yes sometimes you want to pull your hair out.
    there is double everything mostely a mess.
    I love it.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Well I don't have multiple kids yet, we've run into difficulty in that area. But anyway, I grew up with 6 brothers and 6 sisters (the same mom and dad) and my mom always said that is was difficult to have a lot of little ones around but somehow everything got done and none of us ever wanted for anything, not even attention. You just have to role with the punches and not worry about having a immaculate house or extravagent meals. Don't underestimate yourself, Mom's are super people.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 1:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think it all falls into place! I have 3 kids all 2 years apart! (4yo, 2yo, and a 6mo) Yes it does get busy but as long as you can multitask you should be fine!!! Trying to please all 3 kids at once is a hard thing to do but I love every day of it! I really wanted one more but unfortunatly my body is done :( Its hard to accept because I love my babies!!!!! Good Luck!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have three children. All of them are four years apart from each other. When my oldest started school, I tried to keep a routine. After school, I would give both of them a snack and drink. After the snack, I had both of them sit down at the table. My oldest did his homework and his brother would do his homework. Little brother loved to color pictures. Repeat with youngest child. Little brothers and sisters love to do anything resembling what older sibling is doing. Make sure that the activity is age appropriate. It will all work out. Having two children is twice the fun.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 4:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have three boys in 33 months. You just do it.

Some of it is trial and error, but you find what works for you and go with it.

I'm currently juggling preschool for the oldest, naps for the younger two, therapy sessions for all three, science class and soccer for the oldest and all the regular daily life stuff.

I have people all the time tell me they don't know how I do it...I really don't have an answer other than "you just do".
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Having two is really not that difficult, when the baby gets older they will actually entertain each other making it easier for you to get things done.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• you were the only child? Wow, get ready for busy times and loads of fun!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 7:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My hubby was an only child, I had two sisters. I am pregnant with #5, right now its easy with hubby home but, when he is not here, it controlled chaos. When we found out with I was pregnant with #5, I decided I had to get the other kids under control or I was going to go insane. We try to go by a relaxed schedule, everyone does everything at the same time except for baths of course. They all clean up their own messes even my 2 y/o. The 3, 4, 6 y/os have chores (age appropriate) so, that cuts back on what I have to do. The only time wonder wanted lots of kids is at the store. Because my 4 y/o SS used to live with his grandparents and they would give him whatever he wanted in the store to make him behave. But, other than that we are doing good. As they get older they don't require as much attention as they did when they were babies and young toddlers. Good luck.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:40 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• DO IT! You will figure it out and the energy is awesome--but you may not appreciate the joy and the energy until they are grown and moving on. Believe me--I am at the doorway of the empty nest and I MISS that energy that my 2 boys and 1 girl brought to the home. We also home educated through high school and I miss it. I love the adults my children have become but I MISS those little kids they used to be:-) ENJOY the chaos, and remember the best thing to a child is your TIME:-) Not a "clean" house, or whatever else--read, play, enjoy, play, read--and love each day because it is a day you will NEVER have again:-) Don't be afraid--welcome that little one in:-)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I had a 6 yr old when I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd, talk about a shock! I was finished having kids, or so I thought,lol.... The only thing I can say is I wished they were closer in age, but then I found out I was pregnant again, so I have 2 that are 13 months apart... You know the saying, be careful what you wish for,lol....Now they are 12, 6,and 5. The time has flown by. Just remember when your all stressed out that they are only little for a very short time so cherish every moment...
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 10:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2008