how old was your baby...

when you put them into daycare? in home or public dc? how did you feel about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I hope I dont get bashed for this but I absolutly refuse to put my little ones in any day care. Thats why my hubby and I decided that I will stay home and raise them until they are old enough to go to school. I just cant see someonelse getting to see all of thier 1st's. Too many problems happen in daycare (I know just as many problems happen in schools too) and I just feel safer with my babies at home with me. To me the Con's out weigh the Pros on Daycares. Thats my opinion! Even when we had to cut corners to pay rent, utilities, car payments, etc we worked around it. My hubby worked 8am - 6pm and I worked 7pm-4am. We only had to do that for about 6 months but at least one of us were always home with our kids and didnt have to depend on anyone else. They are 4, 2, and 6mo. I love being a SAHM!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:19 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• We are fortunate enough to have both grandmas locally, so when I go back to school next semester, our son will still be with people who love him like we do. I will probably need to go back to work part time, so he will stay with Nana or Mema then, too. He's 3 1/2 months old. I'm SO not ready for him to be away from me for more than a couple of hours yet. We'll see how it goes as time passes. He'll go to preschool, though, when he's 3. There will probably be a little sibling by then.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• im the writer of the question and i was also fortunate that i had my mom to watch my 2yo from 6 weeks until 20months. My husband joined the navy and we have moved out of state. I DO NOT want to put my ds in DC and we are going to try for another baby in september and i just cant imagine putting a 6wo in dc. With our finances the way they are i just cant stay home with them. I have been staying home for 5 mon and no longer can do it. Answer #1: how did you sleep during the day working all night? i thought about doing that but when do you sleep?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I slept until the kids woke up. At that tim I only had two kids, and they were 3 and 1yo. They would stay up with my husband until around 10pm so they usually slet in until about 10am. Then I would get up, make them breakfast, we ran our errons, still had playdates . So when I worked I would get about 5-6 hours of sleep and during the day I napped when they did (if they did!) I was always busy but It really worked out well for us! I hope you find something that works for you!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2008