Question for Step Moms: Does your DH?

Does he seem to be a different man when his bio kids are in your home? Mine becomes very tense. He admitted today that it has gotten to the point where he is starting to dread his DS's time here. SS acts like a smart ass non stop. He is 10. It goes beyond reasonable kid foolish behavior, and he doesn't know when to quit. We have a pretty good idea that his mom plays up the whole "silly" thing. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else notices a personality change in their DH when the SK(s) are around.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I was just listening to him talk to his son on the phone tonight. I noticed he is more "interactive" and "sweet" with him than he is with my daughter. I understand no one loves your child the way YOU do but it is still weird to see him change personalities like that. If his son ever comes to stay with us, I am not sure how I will handle it. Honestly, I don't.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I don't think it is just with the kids people change... I can tell by the tone of my hubby's voice who he's talking to and I'm sure he can mine too. In fact I can tell with my friends too. They change with each child, each parent, and with friends, business, dr's call etc... people are receptive to different people at different levels.
    If you hubby doesn't see his child, then that's why, he's only got the time on the phone to show how he feels in his voice...
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• hi, i have 4 boys he has 3 when my one boy comes home he acts like a kid tryen to fight with my son. it bs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I hated my step mom growing up and my dad was a jerk to me because of it and he acted like it was my moms fault... which made me hate my dad. I think he just needs a chance to be a parent on on one with him... and the problems will probably clear up. The kids probably not happy about sharing his time with his dad. If my dad would have just took me, and me alone out to do things... I think we all would have been a lot happier. I mean really I only saw him every other weekend. How hard is that.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 11:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• Maybe u should go out sometimes when the boy is there so he can spend some time with his dad one on one.....That may help too......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:36 AM on Dec. 21, 2008