Does anybody feel like your child likes your spouse more then she likes you?

He plays SO much better with her then I do. I'm more educational and he's more FUN!!! Anybody else feel like this?

KaceesMom

Asked by KaceesMom at 1:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feel like that a lot. I have teenagers and they all like their stepfather more than me and I am their own mother! LOL!

It's good though that they like him so much. Most kids hate their step parents.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I don't have an SO, I just have my aunt (my son's Ni-Ni). He is infatuated with her. I think because he spends so much time with me, it is something different. Sometimes it bugs me, but not always :)
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 1:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• my son is such a daddys boy when daddy gets home from work he looks at me like who is this woman and what does she want with me lol i dont take it offensivly i just smile and go on...but when daddys not around im his favorite lol..
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 8:15 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I am a stay at home mom and my sons are all about their mommy!! My Husband get so up set when they wont go to him and I wish they would sometimes so I can get stuff done!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• yeah my dd is a major daddys girl but i know she loves me just as much even though she would rather play with him. but when she gets a boo boo or is sad about something its always me she runs too
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Yep. I'm with her all day. While I play with her, I also tell her to eat her food, make her wear clothes, comb and wash her hair, tell her "no", drag her out shopping. He's with her for just a couple of hours a day and he PLAYS - she gets to climb all over him, he tosses her onto the bed, he drags her around in the laundry basket. She even said "I love my daddy" over a month before she said she loved me. I knew it wasn't that she didn't love me just that she missed her playmate and was thinking about him.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Sometimes he is Good Time Daddy while I am Hard Mama and then we trade off so I am the good time parent. My child goes through phases over which parent he would like to snuggle with, who he goes to when he is hurt, who he wants to play with...ect. It changes. For a long time it was Daddy's World. My husband's mom loved this. Well, payback. Now it is all about Mama. Currently I noticed now he switches for fun as a little joke. I will be the one putting him to bed and he will say, "No. Daddy." or it will be my husband and he will say, "No. Mama." It is mostly now out of needing to have more control over his little universe. For the part it is fine and we go along with it. Except in times where it is not okay and we just explain to him what is happening and that he can't have Daddy give his medicine right now...he's fine. So is every kid (for the most part) that has a flavor of the day, week, or month.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• im a sahm and I think my dd is a huge daddys girl.. but also I dont get a big entrance when i come in the door like he does so yes she is MORE excited to see him b/c we dont see him all day while he is at work! but I think she loves us both.. she will def love her mama when she gets older and needs someone to talk to .. while daddys their for hugs mom wil be there for "talks"!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My son... youngest favors my husband over me. No matter what, even when he is sick he cries for daddy. I can only think its because I am home 24/7 with him and daddy has little time with him. My oldest doesnt favor either of us right now because he is a teen. My middle child likes both equal... but he is an easy going child to being with. He loves cooking and baking with me. But he loves quad riding and bike riding with daddy. Made mix it up a little with her. Maybe doing a Mommy daughter day?
    threeBoysMommy

Answer by threeBoysMommy at 1:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2008