Does your child twitch when falling asleep?

My daughter (17 months) twitches when falling asleep. This just started happening last month, I have never noticed it before. I have looked up info and came across sleep myoclonus which I am going to bring up to her pediatrician ASAP but wanted to know how common is it for mothers to notice their child having twitching while falling asleep. Please answer here or leave me a message if you have any info. Thank you!

annaica

Asked by annaica at 10:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes they did and my grandlkids too..And I do too> We all do....haven't you?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• that's called a hypnic jerk. it happens to EVERYONE in stage 1 sleep
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk i take it you never took a psychology course 

momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• MOMOFONE725 that is real nice when a mom asks a question and is looking for help, then someone has the need inside them to leave a rude comment. Have you ever heard if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all?
    annaica

Comment by annaica (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• I was going to give something helpful about your question, but since you're now being a bitch to someone else who gave perfectly decent info, I'm gonna be moving on now.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• the link was helpful but "i take it you've never had a psychology course" is RUDE, at least to me. why do i deserve to be left comments like that? and why do i deserve to be called a bitch Rosehawk? because i believe you shouldn't be rude to one another, that you should only be helpful? yeah i am such a bitch, thanks!
    annaica

Comment by annaica (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• You asked a question, got an answer, then got snotty with the person answering you. That qualifies as a bitch in my book.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• She just asked a normal question and she explained what she found rude. She did not do any name calling. So chill.
    Mamivon3

Answer by Mamivon3 at 11:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2011

• well your book isn't one i want anything to do with, i want positive help and YES I DO BELIEVE there are ppl on here that are nice and don't need to make fun of someone or call them names when they ask for help.
    annaica

Comment by annaica (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Jul. 21, 2011

• I would say its a hypnic jerk. Both of my daughters do it. I do every time I fall asleep. Completely harmless. But if you are really worried about it talk to the doctor.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:53 AM on Jul. 21, 2011