why am i lactating if the docotors said i'm not pregnant???

I'm so confused... i have been trying to get pregnant and having no luck almost 30 and no children. I haven't had my period in 2 month and my pregnancy test keep saying negative i went to the gyno and he said negative.... so why do my breast hurt? and more over why ddi they start lactating today? i feel all bloated and i dont' want to take pills that my gyno gave me to have my period....what are the chances i really am pregnant? or should i just face the reality?

Ariel04

Asked by Ariel04 at 1:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• did they do a blood test? if they did i dont think you are pregnant. But sometimes your mind can play games and you can start lactating when you realy THINK you are pregnant which in your case, you seem to really THINK that and are SO HOPEFUL about it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• they only did a urine test....does it matter which test they did?
    Ariel04

Answer by Ariel04 at 2:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Urine tests can be inaccurate. Blood tests are not.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Women do not get pregnant if they have hi Prolactin; thats why B/feeding mamas, as myself don't get period. Hi Prolactin is telling body u r preg sort of; so you may not ovulate. Keep track of your monthly cycle. Hi estrogen presents itself w/very apparent CM-cervical mucus-which is needed to help the sperm get thru the cervix and into uterus,tubes. It is egg white slippery once a month usually, most fertile time-as in- time of ovulation. Some people can feel ovulation, like a mild cramp near the ovaries. The egg floats from ovary to tube for 12-24h which is why sperm MUST be present at that time (prior to ovulation/not after); sperm does live up to 3 days, programmed to find the egg. Progesterone is the pregnancy hormone that "sustains" a pregnancy. Birth Control pills are hi in Progest. I forget whats in the pills you were given but they are meant to drop the Progest. I agree I would not take if you ARE preg.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i could be crazy and tricking myself just so many clues i have had alot of CM for a while and now lactation i'm still just alittle confused..... it's not fun trying to wait out AF and well still not looking forward to taking the pills maybe i'll just a wait a bit
    Ariel04

Answer by Ariel04 at 2:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• a quantitative blood test Beta HCG is CERTAIN; thats all you need right now re: the pills. But w/the symptom also of lactation, I would have a Prolactin test done by OB/gyn, and then RUN to the nearest perinatologist/hi risk OB who should be better informed than these darn*** OBs for those of us TTC. After no later than 6m of TTC w/hi risk OB, waste no time making appt w/Reproductive Endocrinologist aka fertility specialist; check your insurance- plan to spend a bit more for fertility drugs if thats the case.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I am going to ask a question that sounds really dumb but it happened to a friend of mine. Do you drink cows milk? They inject them with hormones to make the cow produce more and more milk. It can enter the milk and thus our systems by drinking their milk. I know wal mart milk is one of the worst for it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My friend lactated (sp) when she was pregnant and it was due to a tumor pressing on one of her glands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Blood tests still can give you a false negative though.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 12:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• thanks everyone for your answers... still not quite sure what's going on but i go see the doctor again on Tuesday so i hope everything will be okay i decided just to take the pills he gave me...maybe i was just tricking myself.
    Ariel04

Answer by Ariel04 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 20, 2008