Can you jumpstart your period?

My period is a month late. A few days ago I had cramps and diarrhea, which I always get when it's that time of the month. But no period. Does anyone know what could be wrong and can you do something to jumpstart it? Thanks! P.S. I took a test and I'm not pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jul. 21, 2011 in Health

• Missing a period occasionally is normal. It may be caused by stress. But frequently being late can be a symptom of something else, which a doctor would need to confirm. Otherwise, there is an herb that has an excellent track record, I'm told, of helping to regulate the menstrual cycle. It is called Vitex or Chasteberry. Generally, you miss a period when you fail to ovulate, and Vitex makes you ovulate. It makes you more fertile, if you are trying to conceive.

Combined with taking this herb, you may wish to being a walking regimen to help reduce stress and improve your health in case you do conceive. Good abdominal muscles are important for successful labor, delivery, and surviving monthly cramps.

Good luck!

youtube article about Vitex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avw5Ot_0sAM
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 1:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2011

• Become more active. It will help if you are walking or running.
    I have issues with my period (have PCOS) but my Dr gave me Provera that I am supposed to take every other month to start mine. It works but you have to have a prescription for it.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 1:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2011

• I have a doctor appt but they can't see me until August 4.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Jul. 21, 2011

• Sometimes, no period is our body's way of telling us that we might be missing or aren't taking in enough of a vitamin or mineral. According to what I have read, even an iodine deficiency can wreak havoc on our body.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2011

• Take a warm bath...that always helped me. Have you ever gotten an ovarian cyst? They happen when the egg doesn't drop all the way from your ovary, and if your ovary forms a cyst, you might skip a period. The next time you ovulate from that ovary, the new egg will often break the cyst, which can be very painful and crampy, like horrible period cramps.
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2011

• Some women take vitex to regulate their cycles -I heard its like a fertility drug too so be careful if thats not what you want
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jul. 21, 2011

• Bump-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2011