Who here has denied receiving heparin when in labor?

dont tell me you cant deny it because you can im just wondering who here has and how you felt about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didnt know you can be on heparin when in labor. It has to be stopped as far as I knew, atleast 24h prior to labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Why would you want to be on heparin during labor?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Don't know what this is.
    Springtadpole2

Answer by Springtadpole2 at 2:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Usually it's saline now, I hear.
    And I never had to deny it because it wasn't offered.
    :-D

(*But I would deny the saline/heplock.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I've had a saline lock b/c of having a positive GBS. This made it simple to administer the antibiotics and then be removed from the IV. Since it's my hospital's "norm" to give continuous IV, I have always discussed with Dr beforehand that I don't want the IV. Since he goes along with my desire for as natural a hospital birth as possible, I go along with his saline block. I really don't feel like I'm giving up a whole lot considering all the things he lets me "get away with" in the hospital. I pretty much am able to do/not do whatever I like - even though it really irritates the nurses. :-)
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 3:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have been on heparin on and off throughout this pregnancy. I will be on it post partum as well. Blood clots are a big concern because I am not as ambulatory as my doctor would like. I am in a wheelchair due to an auto accident.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• WHY would someone receive heaprin during labor? M god I'd definitely refuse it!!!! Then i'd have walked my in labor a$$ out of there and found a different hospital....
    eku_mommy

Answer by eku_mommy at 11:05 AM on Sep. 1, 2009