How would it make you feel to have your SO watch at the end of the bed (Full on view) during a pelvic exam?

Today I was getting my cervix checked and had a pap as well. My SO sat in a chair at the end of the exam table so he could get a full on view of everything going on. I told him that it would not be pretty with the lights and all but he insisted to watch it like that.

I felt so odd even though I probably shouldn't have. So how would you feel?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My hubby was curious to see it, too. When I went in for my first exam when I was pregnant, he took a look with the speculum in (with my permission) to see what the cervix looked like. He, too, was very involved in the pregnancy, and is very involved with our son.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i would feel like hmm.. this person has their finger in me and my SO wants to watch... weird lol but id brush it off i laughed today because i got checked down there too and my SO has already said how WEIRD he would feel if he were in the room when they did it and they didnt really give hima choice today just bam did it lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• This will sounds VERy dumb...but what is an SO?
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Significant Other :) lol its okay i didnt know until i asked either,
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• No not dumb at all. A SO is a significant other. We are not married but in a long term serious relationship.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I didn't know what SO was either.... (blushing)
    Springtadpole2

Answer by Springtadpole2 at 2:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I always feel dumb when people write that way cause the only ones I know are DH DD and DS and now SO lol. This is very confusing lol.; Thanks for telling me though, and I think I would feel very uncomfortable lol.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I had cervical cancer and had several biopsies done. Hubby was there for them all except the last ones which required an operating room. He thought it was bad looking. The speculum and so on. He paled when the "clock" biopsy was done. "clock" isn't the proper name for it.
    Springtadpole2

Answer by Springtadpole2 at 2:50 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Sounds like SO has a kink - are you in an open relationship?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• LOL, a kink? I don't think it was a fetish, I believe it was more curiosity than anything. He is very involved with me, the baby, and his son who is already born.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2008