if you start a new job while you are pregnant especially far along in your pregnancy do you think you should make sure your dr knows?

i started a job that i walk to and from its only part time, but i walk to it and i walk home and i sit at a desk the WHOLE time i literally do NOT get up...

should i mention this to my dr? is it significant for him to know?
should i tell him especially because ive already having contractions??

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 3:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, you should tell your doctor especially after what just happened. A new job is a new stress and that can cause preterm labor. They may just follow you more closely or suggest that you hold off until after your baby girl is born.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 3:11 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Yeah you should always tell them.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Depending on how far along you are you should probably tell your dr. just to get his/her opinion.. you should definately let your employer know... and your still getting exercise by walking there and back... and you can rest at your desk.. but if the weather there is as crazy as it is here ( ICE AND SNOW!) I wouldn't be out there walking... i know that i'm completely huge and I feel like a injured deer whenever i have to venture out
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You could let him know but as long as your not breathing anything bad in or lifting I don't think it really matters.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 10:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2008