6 month child with asthma help please.

My baby is 6 months. She has asthma. She has a nublizer but she coughs soo hard that she pukes. What can I do to prevent this? The doctors tell me to feed her in small amounts such as one ounce at a time but then she screams for more food. I have been having issues with her throwing up for about 4 months on and off. The doctors will not give her anything for it either. Please help me.

EllyCW

Asked by EllyCW at 3:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Health

• Are you positive that it is asthma and not something else? Maybe an allergy or something? If you are using formula you could try to switch to sensitive and that might help. I am not a doctor but I do not agree on letting your child only eat one ounce at a time. When my daughter was coughing I would take her out side...the fresh air helped her. Im sorry I couldnt have a better answer for you! I hope your little princess is ok! Best of luck to you and your daughter! I will keep you in my prayers!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• This is common for kids with that nasty cough that just won't subside. What are you putting in her neb? Usually they give you two different kinds. One to help with the current coughing and one to prevent it. Usually it clears it up pretty quickly or at least gets it under control. I would't limit her feeding just because you know shes going to vomit. Poor thing. I do know how that feels. I have one that goes through this about twice a year. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Yeah it could be and allergic reaction to the formula.My boyfriends mom said when he was a baby he was allergic to Similac and always threw it up.I'll try changing formulas to see.
    T.A.B.mommy

Answer by T.A.B.mommy at 10:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Listen to the dr.'s too I know you feel like your starving her but her life depends on it.How?She could drown in her own vomit while sleeping.Do one ounce every 10 min. after she's done.
    T.A.B.mommy

Answer by T.A.B.mommy at 10:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Did you know asthma is an adverse reaction to vaccines? It's true. Look at the package inserts for them: http://www.ctvia.org/index.cfm?folder=154
    Anonymous