Willing To Die? (Christians-hypothetical)

You are out...maybe your children are with you. You are approached by a person who corners you. "Reject your faith or die" they say. There is no escape. No law enforcement nearby. You must choose. What do you say?

ColleenF30

Asked by ColleenF30 at 3:33 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Kill me. I won't refuse my faith in Yeshua (Jesus). My children have/are being taught the same from as young as they are taught that He is our Saviour. Once they have accepted Him, I don't want them to ever fear man enough to deny Him. We tell them we'll see them in heaven - but not if they deny Him. We've even told them to never deny Him to save us because the killer would likely still kill us all and denying Him would've been a wrong thing to do. It's that serious to us. The time is near and is quickly approaching when things like this won't be hypothetical anymore. It's time we got prepared.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Guess that will be my day to die.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 6:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I wouldn't deny Christ to save my own mortal life. I truly believe the passage "If you deny me before men, then I will deny you before my father". When you step back and see this life as purely temporary and fleeting and the eternal as...well...eternal, then it makes the decision a whole lot easier. We cant make an eternal sacrifice for a temporary life.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would have to trust God. He knows when it is my time or not. An individual that theatens me does not determine if it is my last day or not. If it is the Lord's will that I perish then I will perish, but if not he will protect me. For I will give my angels charge over thee to keep thee in all thy ways.Psalm 91:11
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 8:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would tell them to load their guns,light their fires,round up the lions,whatever.They would probably spontaneously combust because there are really very few that would.There are a lot that would but in comparison to the number of "Christians" there will be very few.
    laranadtony

Answer by laranadtony at 9:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Kill me, for to live is Christ and to die is gain.
    jesspraise35

Answer by jesspraise35 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Nope, wouldn't do it.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Death is the reward for life. I would not be afraid to die.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would say whatever I had to to save my life and the lives of my kids, I don't think God would care.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I'd die without hesitation. I am not afraid to die at all.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2008