Can anyone figure out what's up with my cycle?

I got off birth control at the start of August. At first my cycle was about 28 days for the first two months, then it kept getting a week longer each month. Which sucks because we're trying to get pregnant and I kept getting excited. None the less, this month, about three weeks after my last period, I am having this dark brown discharge. It's lasted 3-4 days, enough to fill two tampons in a day. It's finally stopped today, and now I'm back to normal. What is going on? It's pretty hard to get pregnant when I can't even figure out what's going on with my cycle? Any ideas. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Health

• Try charting for several months and you will likely figure out what's going on. The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a must read for this. It is awesome! Realize too, that just because you got of the pill does not mean your ovulation will immediately return. It doesn't work that way for everyone. Some people have to wait a few months for it to return. Try charting and see if you can see pattern. Then you'll know where to go from there.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:16 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I'll second the recommendation for "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility." I was pregnant the first cycle after reading it, after early a year of trying.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:33 AM on Dec. 19, 2008