What is something you REALLY wish you could do?

I wish I could afford to buy a hotel, a BIG one and use it to help get homeless people off of the streets and into the warmth. I'd want a facility there to help them get jobs or help them go to school if they want to. I'd also like to get like, 500 acres and build an animal sanctuary on it and go to all the pounds and animal testing labs and take all the animals away to my sanctuary where they'd have food, water, and people to play with and love them until they got adopted. This time of year really makes me think of the people who have little and nothing... even the animals freezing in the cold or locked in cages that wish they had homes.
*
*
(I also wish I could fly..)

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 4:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I want to make blankets for moms in a crisis pregnancy who choose to have their babies. I know how special it was to me for friends - and even people I didn't personally know - to make blankets for my new babies. Every one of them is special because those women were thinking of my precious baby when they made the blanket. It doesn't often happen that moms in crisis pregnancies have people wanting to bless them and their decision that way, so my young daughters and I are starting this after I recover from my upcoming birth. Hopefully we will deliver our first blankets in Feb 09.

(I don't even want to make the effort to fly... I just want to float.)
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I'd love to have a HUGE environment, home whatever and take all the kids who are considered "unadoptable" because of illnesses or mixed ethinicity and be granma to them. Of course we'd have to have the cats & dogs on death row right there with us(you could throw in a few rats, lizards and guinea pigs, too)
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would really like to have an endless supply of presents to give to all the kids that aren't getting any this year.. so pretty much I'd like to be Santa, lol. I guess I would get to fly.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Oh wow, I can only pick one? My top idea in my head is always: Change the world, even if it's in a small way.
    Steps to get there would be: Being a doula and childbirth educator, which I am. Maybe at some point I will become a midwife, not sure yet. I do want to adopt at least one child and foster others. I want to continue rescuing animals (so far 4 dogs, several cats in my adult life), raise breast cancer, autism, vaccine, green awareness. Promote breastfeeding in ways that actually support and nurture it. Demand formula companies to MAKE BETTER FORMULA! Travel to other countries to support midwifery, doulas, and childbirth. Make a difference pretty much sums it up.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 7:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I've had this dream for several years to open a facility called Generation Center. At the center we would offer free job counseling (resume writing, interview skills) and free basic job training such as computer skills and typing, English classes and writing classes. There would be life counseling which would include budget counseling and debt management. In addition to all of this we would also offer childbirth and parenting classes. It's based off the whole principle of "Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime". When I was pregnant with my daughter I needed all of this but didn't have the resources to go back to school and couldn't afford childbirth or parenting classes. Some of us just need a little bit of guidance without judgement and a hand up instead of a hand out.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 9:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would run a home for unwed mothers. Help them get their education finished and help with job placement. I would provide a safe healthy place for them to stay with their babies until they are on their feet. I would even help with adoption if that was their choice...to make sure no babies and mamas were being forced or taken adjantage of.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i would absolutely love to be able to go around killing all the sick fucks who hurt kids, even the ones who only look at kids like that.
    ..i would also love to opens a HUGE house to all of those kids so they'll have a safe and loving home.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 1:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008