I have 3 step kids and 1 of my own, I concider all of them my kids.hey live with us all year.

I have 3 step kids and 1 of my own, I concider all of them my kids since they live with us all year. When I introduce them I do so as my sons and daughter. Is that wrong? Their father and I are the primary caregivers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in About CafeMom

• No, it's not wrong. I've had a SD and SS for 15 months now. As much as I would like to leave the "step" part out of our family my SD has made it clear that I am not her mother (who died 4 yrs. ago) Now, one of my sons refers to my husband as his Dad/parent when talking with friends. (My late husband died 4 years ago also) Go figure!
    JuneL

Answer by JuneL at 9:46 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• No. it offends me when people DO NOT do this because I think it is disrespectful to the kids.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:19 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Nope that is noble, YOU GO GIRL. there should be more Mommies like you. take care of all of YOUR babies.
    AuntieVetta

Answer by AuntieVetta at 10:33 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• If you and the kids are happy and comfortable with it use the title that vworks best for you all and God bless.
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• my husband calls my kids his "kids" or son or daughter. the friends call my husband "your dad" when they talk to my son b/c he doesn't correct them. My daughter calls him her stepdad and her friends call him her step dad. I just let whoever say whatever. my ex never comes around so it's not like my hubby is horning in on my kids and their dad.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 10:58 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Your doing the right thing. They should be introduced as your kids, no explanation is needed...unless your 25 and your step-son is 22..LOL! You might get a silly look.
    s.c.a.r.l.e.t.

Answer by s.c.a.r.l.e.t. at 11:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Not at all.. I'm sure it makes them very happy.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:02 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Find out what the kids want. As long as everyone is happy with it, I say it's fine :)
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 1:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• My mom dies when I wa 15 years old. My Aunt ( who raised us after that) refers to my sister and I as her daughters. She has 1 daughter of her own and she calls all of us her"girls". I know it was hard for me to call my stepfather "Dad". I would say, you can refer to them as your kids if that's how you feel. It's hard to get over the passing of your mother at a young age. One day they will look back and understand. Just make sure they know you love them just them same no matter what you refer to each other as. I don't call my aunt mom, but in my mind she is.
    Aunttiff

Answer by Aunttiff at 2:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2008