Did you experience this?

I have been leaking what I would think is urine since late last night. Seems to come and go, and kinda go squish when I stand. So today is a mad snow storm. 2 Inches an hour so far, so I am not going anywhere. Snowed in and my 12 year old to shovel. So I have had sparadic contractions, all night. I also have some new thicker clearish discharge. So do you think I am unable to hold my pee, or do you think I sprung a leak? I am 33 weeks and 3 days. I am not expected to make it past Dec 30th either, but have a goal date of Jan 2cnd. I am due Febuary 3rd...

Unbroken_Amanda

Asked by Unbroken_Amanda at 6:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's probably your water leaking... and you should probably call the OB but when I was was pregnant they explained it to me as be perfectly normal unless there is some brownish in it... then that means the fetus "WENT" inside the womb and thats really bad. But ya if its clear its probably all okay but call just so they know... it doesn't mean you are going into labor it just means your water broke in a little way. You may still have a few weeks before you go into labor yet :) Hope all is well.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:57 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I had a similar experience with my first born. I just thought I was wetting myself a little and it was one of those nasty pregnancy things. I called the dr and he did a u/s to find out I had a leak and was slowly dripping fluid to the point it was almost gone. I would probably describe it like you are. Go to the hospital and let them check it out unless of course you have litmus paper hanging around the house you just wont know. (that is what they check you with at the hospital to check and see if you had your water leak) It is better to be safe than sorry. Even with a snow storm.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:00 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My firend had the same thing happen with her and it turned out that her water was leaking, go to the hospital.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:37 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Next time you leak, smell it (not to be gross). But if it smells like ammonia, it's urine, and if it smells kinda sweet or doesn't have a smell, it's your water. If it's your water, call labor and delivery and have them send an ambulance for you, because I don't recommend you driving in that much snow. Be careful, honey.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• That definitely sounds like your water. I have had that with several of mine. You really should go in not just call them. To the Labor and delivery for evaluation not the office. You do not want to be stuck at home with the snow and not able to get out if you go into labor at this gestation. LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!! DON'T PUSH IT TO LONG!!!
    candy6

Answer by candy6 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I went in, and it was not amniotic fluid. So I have to take it easy, ((like that is an issue)) and that. My contractions are not labor per say. What a ride, this baby has put us through the ringer. But the doc doesn't think it's going to be long as I had a positive FFN on Tuesday. I am thinning, no more dialated than before, still 2, and +2?? So yea. Thanks for your input ladies.
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 1:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2008