For those that do or have lived in snowy areas.....how much snow in one storm have you seen at one time?

I live in MN and by Monday morning we are sposed to have over a foot. The most I saw in one dumping was 19 inches in WI....

Also, tell us where it was (state).

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 6:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I love Minnesnowta!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:37 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• The most I have seen was about 3 foot when I lived in WV as a kid. I remember they declared a state of emergency and the power was out for about a week. Of course, when you;re a litte kid that's awesome, lol.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 6:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I'm here in Northern IL and we are getting snow as I write. We are supposed to get over a foot today and I know we have gotten more than that before but I can not recall any numbers. MY DD's school just called and canceled today so winter break comes one day early:) If it is not too bitter cold out we will be out in the snow later!
    mamarocks3

Answer by mamarocks3 at 7:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Northern IL also. Remember the snow storm of '79? We got about 3 feet!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• HEHEHE anon I was not born until 83:)
    mamarocks3

Answer by mamarocks3 at 7:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• OK, now I feel really old hearing you weren't born 'til '83 since I graduated high school in '82!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You're not old! 100 is old.
    mamarocks3

Answer by mamarocks3 at 7:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• 43 inches about 8 years ago in Rochester NY, it snowed for 3 days straight
    Mom2six

Answer by Mom2six at 8:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Babylove that's about what we had here in Ohio back in FEB. I wish I had pics to share but only video taped it. Of course schools were closed and it happened over the weekend so after hubby was done plowing and making extra money from people flagging him down to help we went to Kalahari. LOL, that place is awesome! We had a couple inches here this morning but now it turned into rain which is going to be a big slippery mess.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• It never snows here in GA anymore, but one time back in 1985 ish, we had 13 inches of snow. It was so much fun. Then, a few years later, we got several inches of ice. It was solid ice but you couldn't tell until you stepped on it and slid. I haven't seen snow in many years.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2008