I hate being a mom

Honestly does anyone else feel this way? My daughter is 17 and I am sooo done, Everything has to be difficult, since birth it has literally been like that. I don't have other children,but I can see why a parent would favor one over the other. I know it sounds terrible but just saying how I feel would never say it out loud to anyone. Just wanting to vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Jul. 21, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• What makes you hate being a mom?????
    rudypooh

Answer by rudypooh at 7:36 PM on Jul. 21, 2011

• no being a mom is a difficult job but it is very rewarding also :)
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 21, 2011

• I completely agree, I have 3-teens/tween that are not my biological children and I'm sorry to say this, but I don't enjoy being a mom to them. They are not very nice people they commit crimes, steal, lie and have brought cps into my home and my life numerous times just because they create a situation for them selves by making poor choices so they get grounded and then go to school and tell the teachers and school counselor that they are not happy at home and lie or exaggerate things that are going on at home. Shifting the blame onto dad and I has become the thing to do....they form an alliance against us and make it so difficult to even parent in fear of cps getting involved, mind you they don't get spanked they get grounded. I have never been so stressed in my life and unhappy at times. There is no help out there for parents, we just get punished for our children's actions.
    Anonymous

• I hate it. It had been wonderful up until the past 2 years. All those great, delightful years have been wiped away by the nightmare of dealing with teenagers. AND my teens are college bound, "pleasure to have in class" types, but at home it is horrible.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 8:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2011

• You will soon be arriving at another phase in your life and relationship, hang in there, it does get better.....

Answer by older at 8:39 PM on Jul. 21, 2011

• Mothering can be tiring, even burnt out at times.  You just need a break.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 21, 2011

• I wish I had some advice to offer, I feel very blessed to have good teenagers. I'm totally the opposite, I wish they would never leave home. There are times I just get burnt out with all the responsibility sometimes, and that's when I have to take a time out for me. I go with friends to dinner or a movie or drinks. It sounds like you're in need of a break, and hopefully as time goes on and the next phase comes things will get better.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 21, 2011

• :)
    ilovewes

Answer by ilovewes at 11:43 PM on Jul. 21, 2011

• the teens years are extremely difficult and they do change around the age of 20....but for now just remember...this too shall pass....every age and stage flew by right? so this will too, just hang in there and this is coming form a mom to girls ages 18,20,24 and 25
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:57 AM on Jul. 22, 2011

• I meant *from* not *form* sorry
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:58 AM on Jul. 22, 2011