Sleep I need some, why isnt he sleeping

6 month old, since thanksgiving he has been all outa wack..yes he is teethingbut already cut them threw......he goes down fo rbed at 8 after bedtime routin then he is up about 11 back down after bottle yes i know quick fix but he wakes back up at 2 for cuddling because he was teething i caved and picked him up then its right back to bed, then he is up at 4 for playtime for an hour and bottle then back to bed up for the day at 630......
Before thanks giving he slept very well sometimes only woke up once to be put in bed with me and back to sleep he would go.............................................
I need sleep.........why isnt he sleeping???????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wish I knew! I have a 7mo old doing the same thing. She used to sleep through from 7pm-530am, and then there was the time change and she started teething and now she's up four times a night. I'm trying to believe it's all just a phase, that she'll get through this and will start to sleep on her own again, since she did it by herself last time too. If I find anything that works, I'll let you know :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 8:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Because he's a teething 6-month-old. And because sleeping patterns change all the time. Sleep when he does sleepand leave things undone.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• He is still teething. Your a very lucky mom if your 6 month old has a regular schedule. Does baby just fall asleep at 8pm? If not try keeping him up awhile longer. Right now start giving him a bottle way before bedtime. He is associating bed with bottle. That is the one thing I def. learned with having kids was NEVER let baby associate sleep/bed with bottle.

He is old enough now to mabe put alittle cereal in his bottle or feed him some cereal with his last bottle so he is not waking hungry. You may have to listen to alittle crying if he does wake up.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Because you caved and you hold him when he wakes up....he shouldn't be waking up that often at that age....feed him cereal as his last meal (not too thin, though) and give him something to wash it down with, change his diaper, and lay him down to sleep....I think the CIO method works well....I did it with DD and she goes to sleep on her own but DH won't let me try it with DS and DS has to have some part of his body touching me...or his head on my chest, to go go sleep...so I'm going to do the CIO method again....if you let him continue with this pattern, it'll be a while before you can sleep!!! Good Luck!!!
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I had the very same problem with my son. I know this may sound mean but the doctor told me to let him cry. He said that the baby knows that you will come in there and thats why he crys. It was hard for me but, I did let him cry it out and about 3 days of that he was sleeping through the night. If you think he is still cutting teeth, give him some pain med before he goes to bed. Good Luck
    misty169

Answer by misty169 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Babies are not supposed to sleep through the night (very bad parenting myth), sleeping patterns change often and he is still teething. Give it some time, sleep when he sleeps (let the house go) and things will change again before you know it things will change again.Keep giving him all the cuddles he wants, you cannot spoil an infant with love.
    hillmom

Answer by hillmom at 10:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• This was hard for me too. Here's what I did...& it required my hubby's help:
    I wrote down a schedule for naps throughout the day, keeping the naps every 2 hrs, no longer than 1.5 hrs. Rigorous afternoon activity. Heavy pm meals. Bathtime/massage before bed. I'd give him gripe waters, sleepy time herbs, & Hyland's Teething tablets as I'm putting him down. A spare bottle (diluted w/H20) made for midnight hunger. My husband then was in charge, while I slept. He got up if baby woke. No matter what, waking baby on time in the AM is most important. He soon got tired enough to sleep through the night.
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 11:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• As long as you don't let him cry for more then 15 minutes... let him cry... its suppose to help them learn to put themself to sleep/ back to sleep. My baby has been sleepig through the night since 3 months of age :) it works. Just don't let him cry to long. Eventually she should just stop and go to bed at night without problems. He probably is just worried he'll miss out on something. Or scared of the dark... if you dont have a night light try one. We put up blinky christmas lights and sour baby watches them and it puts her to sleep.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 11:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I am pleased to say my daughter is back to sleeping. It was just a phase, she got out of it by herself with no help from me. Hopefully your kid will also grow out of it!!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 9:51 AM on Dec. 24, 2008