should my 1 month old be awake more?

i just had my daughter on june 10th and all she seems to want to do is sleep. Lately i have noticed that she has been crying alot more but i don't know why..it was alot easier with my son i could give him all my attention and now with the both of them and myself being a single mother its alot harder and i don't know what to do. should i just let her sleep??? or do i give her extra attention and keep her awake???

tonynmaddiesmom

Asked by tonynmaddiesmom at 9:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• does she sleep through the night or she stays awake at night?
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I let mine sleep whenever til they were sitting up or crawling. but towards my bedtime, I kept them up if I could.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 10:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• First of all, bless your heart.. trying to take care of two little ones is enough work for two let alone one... Let her sleep, she's only one month... Trust me, when she is ready she will alert more and more... Right now, enjoy the time with your son, while the baby is asleep.. Crying alot, if you've done all the regular checking.. diapers, food, burping, right temperature.. I would probably ask the Dr. Prayers to you all... sounds like you're a great mom.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:01 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• First, kudos to you! But, yes, just let her sleep. She is only a month old and all babies are different. How old is your son? Mine are 18 months apart, and it was hard trying to juggle my "awake" time between the two! Good Luck!
    kristen_p

Answer by kristen_p at 12:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• It is normal for a one year old to be sleeping all the time, as long as she wakes up to eat.
    Anestasia

Answer by Anestasia at 1:21 AM on Jul. 14, 2008