How do I get mold out of fabric?

Ok, this is really gross but I was given a Jumperoo and the seat has mold on it. I washed it in hot water and it didn't come out. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Home & Garden

• i heard TILEX works great,and doesn't damage the material. i haven't tried it yet--i keep forgeting to buy TILEX.
    pam228

Answer by pam228 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• try filling your sink or tub with hot water add a little bleach. if you have it rub dawn dish washing liquid on the mold spot and then soak it in the water and bleach. dawn gets alot of stains out of clothing and fabric you'd be surprised
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Brush off the mold (outside) . From what I am reading, bleach does not kill the mold. I've seen straight 5% white vinegar, and let dry in the sun. I also read about using lysol, or peroxide.

Answer by Bmat at 9:11 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think tilex might work...use it, let it dissolve the mold and then wash it again.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 11:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would caution you against the tile-x I would test a corner of the fabric...it gets out mold but may contain bleach.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• nope,,, the best thing for mold and mildew is Borax. You can get it at WalMart next to the laundry detergent. Its labeled as a laundry additive and it works great and costs only about 3.00 a box. I add it to every load and clean tons of stuff with it.. Good Luck!
    CocoMason

Answer by CocoMason at 10:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2008