Good Bible??

I am looking for a good study bible, any suggestions?

jesspraise35

Asked by jesspraise35 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you're looking for ease of reading - New Living Translation or NIV.... I also like Amplified Bible and New King James Version.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• The woman of faith study bible is fantastic. plus it focus some on the women of the bible and how they were influential. that is what i have and i love it.
    foxymama21

Answer by foxymama21 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. I saw on jepordy it was the most accurate translation ever written.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• The New World Translation also takes words like thus and puts it into words we would say today
    Anonymous

• OP just to inform you - the New World Translation is a Jehovah's Witness bible so unless you are Jehovah's Witness i would not suggest it.
    Anonymous

• My bible is the New Living Translation Study Bible. I love it. The translation is so much easier to understand and just about every single verse has an easy to understand explanation at the bottom of the page.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• ive used the American Standard Bible & the English Standard Bible. they aren't study Bibles but there are MUCH easier reads than say King James version haha. ive also read they are the most accurate translations...but how would i know, i cant translate them from the original haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• OP: Here's two website where you can go to and check out the different suggestions. You can read the bible online for free at both of these sights.. I use them both and love it.

www.crosswalk.com
    www.biblegateway.com
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• The Gnostic Gospels
    by E. Pagels

The Other Bible
    edited by W. Barnstone

The Nag Hammadi Library
    edited by J. Robinson

Holy Bible: From the Ancient Eastern Text
    by G. Lamsa
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 3:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I personally prefer the NRSV, myself. Different Bibles offer different translations and perspectives. The KJV is lovely to read aloud from, but the translation isn't very accurate sometimes.
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 5:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2008