Ruptured Ovarian Cyst

For anyone who has had this. Is this something that you get alot or was it a one time thing? And if it happened more than once do you keep going to the dr. for it?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 9:40 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Health

• Yes. I have had those 3-4 times before but I have polycystic ovarian syndrome. They can be painful sometimes. I know they only go away during pregnancy, but if you can sometimes only get them once and a while. I always went to the doctor when one ruptured, just to be safe. And to get pain medication. =)
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 9:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I've had it maybe twice since I was 14 (I'm 30 now). I suggest going to the doctor for it. There is an illness called PID that can feel like an ovarian cyst rupturing but a little more painful. If not treated PID can be fatal. I have had it (though they're not sure how I got it). Always best to be safe.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008