how common

how common is it for a women not to ovulate every month? I have been keeping track of my cm and it seems that for the last couple months i haven't ovulated but i still get my period is that possible or how common is it?

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 9:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know how common it is...but I used to have anovulatory cycles quite often.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• It is possible, but for most women it only happens every once in a while (I only had one anovulatory cycle in 3 years). You might be misreading your CM, some women don't get the egg white texture, their's just goes to watery when they ovulate. Have you been charting your temps, too, to know for sure that you did or didn't ovulate? Try doing that, and it might show you that you are actually ovulating. If you're not, then it's something to discuss with your doctor, especially if you're trying to get pregnant.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• The only true way to know if you are ovulating is to chart your temps. Some people don't produce alot of CM so tracking it may not be the best way to determine ovulation. Some folks don't ovulate regularly. There is medication to help out with that. I hope this helps.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• it's very common. I didn't ovulate hardly at all for a while. I know I went 2 mos or maybe 3 w/o ov. And I think I probably didn't ov regularly for a while. My ob/gyn was sooooooo good and she helped me out so much. With a lil meds it got me right back where I should be and 4 children later, I'm wishing I was irregular again lol.
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 1:07 AM on Dec. 22, 2008