2 yr old , fever - possible abscess behind tonsil?!?!

My 2 yr old Daughter has had a fever between 101 -102.0 for 3 days now, I took her to the doctor on the 1st day of the fever and he said that her left tonsil is swollen, no strep throat though. Could possibly be an abscess behind the tonsil. She wakes up in the middle of the night acting like she is choking and having trouble swolling (Like her throat is really dry or something) . She has been eatting fine and she doesn't act sick at all, she still plays as normal. Does anyone know what could possibly be wrong?

TiffysBabies

Asked by TiffysBabies at 9:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Health

• You have taken her to the doctor....I would follow his/her advice and let the doctor know if anything has changed or gotten worse.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My 2-3 yo DD would choke on food and such and snore and her tonsils were always swollen. She did this for about 2 years and finally at her 3 year checkup the doc noticed they were swollen while shewas healthy and she referred me to a doc that took them out. They were huge!
    Tonsils will get swollen if there is an infection so if she is running a fever and a tonsil is swollen that is normal. She is just fighting something off.
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 6:28 AM on Dec. 21, 2008