What do you think of this idea?

I found a place that sells really cool stuff - not cheap looking stuff - at wholesale prices. The catch is that the first order has to be $250 or more and you need to prove a wholesale store. I was wondering if any moms would be interested in grouping together to purchase goods... like maybe five to ten moms spending 25-50 dollars and either open a separate store or band together to make one big store to try to earn some extra money. I have been very successful selling just a few items in my home and making money, but I don't have an endless supply of stuff. I was just thinking it would be cheap to try and we could help each other out by being able to purchase goods and potentially have a good online business. I have no experience in wholesale stuff but it seems pretty simple in theory.

figaro8895

Asked by figaro8895 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• Honsetly I think you would be better going for a drop shipper and doing it alone. To find even 4 or 5 moms that are going to be willing to go in with you and then work as hard as you to get the stuff sold is a slim shot... 10 is mostlikely impossible.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:04 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would also just go with a dropshipper. I have 2 listed at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/ that I've used. One is a jewlery website and one is certified by Ebay
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Thanks I will check out your post. I don't know how any of this stuff works and would love some help getting started without anyone trying to sell me their ebook or edirectory!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Can anyone point me to some more drop shippers or a free site to find good ones. The particular wholesale thing I found had unique and interesting objects, that's why I liked them.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Someone on here owns a site called Keeperbay.com. She has some dropshippers on her site as well.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:31 PM on Dec. 20, 2008

• I've wanted to do this too but its so hard to know what's a scam and what isn't and i've been screwed to many times! Im trying to figure out anything I can do to make money and I'd be willing to have a partner and come up with something.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 20, 2008