Anybody Else Get Pissed About This?

I have been reading so many stories on this site about women who have cheating husbands/SO's, women who have husbands/SO's who tell them they look like sh*t, the look fat, they look old; and women who have husbands that simply ignore and neglect them. And most of the time they are asking what THEY did wrong. Does this piss anybody off like it does me? What happened to women being strong and not taking anyone's crap? Why are so many mamas lacking in self-confidence? This makes me so sad. We should all look out for each other, and encourage one another to be strong-willed and not let anyone hold us down. Is anyone with me?

beforeyoureyes

Asked by beforeyoureyes at 9:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't get pissed, I just wonder where their common sense has gone.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You are do right -Why should a woman let a man bring her down? I have been married to my husband for 8 years and he has been amazing for all this time. If your husband does not respect you then you should not be with him. As women we are all beautiful and should be strong - do you want your daughters to think being degraded by a man is okay?
    belmom

Answer by belmom at 9:57 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• well when you get told all the time that you are fat and lazy and no good or you've found out that your dh is cheating on you or your just being ignored it tends to diminish your self esteem. and then you come on her for some advice and a pick me up and you get bashed and told how stupid you are for putting up with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think that too often when women hear that another husband is being an idiot that they immediate go to strong independent women defense. That usually means leaving the man. Maybe women and men should take a look at their relationships and see what they can both do to fix it. Problems in marriages are never one sided. Although I do agree that once there is infidelity in a relationship it is VERY damaged. I would not tollerate cheating.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Anon, if my husband told me even once that I was fat or lazy I would probably kick his ass. If it happens "all the time", you should've left the guy by then. Why would you let it get to the point of him saying crappy things all the time? An honorable man would never talk down to his lady.
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 10:00 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I agree! And I think one of the primary reasons women are ending up in these kinds of relationships is because they haven't completed their education/trade, and established themselves in their careers. It's amazing what a confidence booster an education and a decent paying career can be!!!

I blame overly permissive society in general (parents who want to be friends with their children, and not be strict/demanding) that has allowed so many young women to think that an education isn't important, and that not marrying before having children is acceptable. Less than 25 years ago, having a child out of wedlock would have been looked down upon, while getting a college degree was to be an admired/respected goal...but nowadays it's seems to be the reverse.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I do agree that problems in relationships can be worked out. But I don't believe verbal/physical abuse or infidelity is workable at all. That shows so much disrespect to a person that it's ridiculous. Yes, you'll argue with your husband. But how much can someone care about you if they call you fat and lazy and make you cry all the time? Why would you possible want to work that out? Especially with children in the home.
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 10:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I don't know why either sex puts up with someone beating them down one word at a time. But there are reasons why women let it happen... a lot of the time, the women were treated that way as children, their mother was treated that way and so forth... if you hear it every day you start to believe it. It's not even always in the family... kids are mean to each other at school, friends are sometimes mean to each other telling them how sorry what they did was wrong and they feel unworthy... People don't think before they speak (me included on occassion) and emotional scars are harder to heal or even see than physical... all the bashing on here is beating someone down as much as that man is by saying mean things to his wife.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Some times or maybe I should say most of the time. I wonder to myself are these post made up. (are they real) Because common sense would say GET OUT of the relationship ASAP. Or at least tell him your not going to put up with the s@@t

Answer by louise2 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• 100 %, they didn't do anything wrong, I believe us woman are all Beautiful, and we should Always Remember that. Men need to look out, MOM's these day Are Coming out. Woman need to make them selves feel good, take care of them and then they can take care of there family. I use too, not take care of my self, but now, I go to the store and if I have to buy something for my kids, I always buy my self something, even a pair of earings. Hey we need it. If your man says negative things about you-DON'T PUT UP WITH IT!!!! WE ARE HERE FOR YOU...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 19, 2008