hardening...please ?!

i was just wondering, i have no idea what a true contraction or any contraction for that matter feels like, sometimes the lower half, under my belly button is hard, but i feel no 'tigheting' or pain...is this a contraction or my baby i'm feeling? sometimes it's soft of the left side of my belly [below my belly button] and hard on my right....the upper half [above my belly button] never gets hard...it's still soft to the touch [squishy] but my lower half is really firm...i'm 28wks and 5 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It doest sound like a contraction. It could be the baby's head you're feeling. Or butt. *shrugs*

A contraction affects your entire uterus. Not just one area. And you'll know it when you have one. There will be no doubt in your mind.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 10:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• it sounds like your touching the baby when you have a contraction the upper part pf ypur urterus hardens while the lower part expands
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Personally it sounds like your baby is pushing out and that is what you are feeling. My baby does that all the time and it cracks me up! :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2008