Where to find....

Where's the best place to find low priced QUALITY childrens books? Sure, the dollar store and Big Lots have kids books.... but the stories themselves, the illustrations, etc aren't that great. I'd like to find some that aren't necessarily based on cartoon characters.

Where have you seen some that are reasonably priced? I've seen Children's books at walmart, but the bulk of them are based on cartoon characters. I've seen them at Barnes & Noble but they're a little steeper than what I'm looking for. I've got about 8 kids that I want to buy books for.

TIA!!

amandae21

Asked by amandae21 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Holidays

• Maybe try Sam's or BJ's. Or TJ Maxx. Sometimes they have a good selection and reasonably priced!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I order all the books for my kids through Amazon.com or Borders.com. They have a used inventory to choose from where the books are like brand new and you can get an expensive new book for a fraction of the price!
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• walmart
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Kohls is running major sales on all their kids stuff and they end up being pretty cheap. You can also get the $5 coupon many end up being free or darn close. you could also try ebay or second hand book stores they are usually gently used and your kids never know the difference. Target aslo has pretty good clearance you could check out
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• ive gotten most oh her books at walmart or kmart and alot of them are ones i used to have when i was little it is soo cool to see that they still have them and to read them again and its even cooler that i remember reading them that long ago lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Amazon or your local used bookstore.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I suggest finding a used book store. Most used book stores you find will have a pretty good selection of new books too but you will always find better stories in an actual book store. I get all my kids books at Half Price Books and this cute local store we have downtown called The Dusty Bookshelf. It's great for selection and the quality of the books is great. You don't get books that have writing or scribble marks in them but you still get great stories that don't revolve around cartoon characters.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I go to Ollies. They have great book prices.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 11:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Go to GORDMAN'S!!

Most of the books are for younger kids (5 and under), but they always have tons in my Gordman's and they are CHEAP!!
    Anonymous

• Actually, Big Lots has really cute See Me books. There is a half circle cut out and the child is part of the book. My LO has a few and she LOVES them! I also agree about BJ's. They have a good selection relatively cheap. You end up paying $10-$15 for 4 or 5 books.
    jillmw

Answer by jillmw at 3:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2008