What do yo think???

If you knew a couple that with in 4 months of meeting they got married. Would you think their marriage would last? Or would you think it was doomed to fail.

Asked by louise2 at 10:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• OK, I will fess up. I am talking about myself. We met and married within 4 months of meeting each other. Been happily married for almost 20 years this coming March. So to all you doubters. It can come true.

Answer by louise2 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I'd think every case is different.... could work, might not...
    People that've known each other all their lives, been married for 45 yrs can all of a sudden decide they'd had their fill and leave... each case is different.
    If it's one of your friends or family members... keep your opinion to yourself and just see how it goes.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• That's too general a question. There are too many other things that play into it. I'm 50 years old and met my guy a year and a half ago. I knew 2 weeks after I met him that I would be with him forever.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I agree that it's a very general question but I can speak from personal experience. We were married within 4 months of meeting, pregnant within 5 months and seperated by the time that baby was 5 months old.We did not know eachother well enough to make the choices we made and it failed. Miserably and is still a painful and hate filled situation.
    That being said there are people out there that fall in love within hours and are still together years later. it all depends on the couple, their personalities, their decisons, and the things that they go through together. I think you should be wishing the couple the best of luck and preparing to help your friend up just in case it does fail.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i think it's bound to be unhappy but they could last being unhappy. my ex husband married in about 40 days. he found out a yr later that she cheated. she never told him. he found out and read in her diary that this man was the one she was meant to be with. guess what though. they are still married and moved to a rural part of texas. so if she cheats the whole town will know. i don't think he truly loves her but he has always been a push over so he will stay. i'm glad i waited to find my soul mate.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Nope if you are in love and you KNOW thats the one i dont care whether its 4 weeks or 4 months you just know and i think that you should do what you feel is right!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2008