Can anyone suggest what I can get my parents for x mas? (they've been married 30 yrs)

I want to do something thoughtful for my parents for x mas.. not just a sweater and jewelry thing..

simran4god

Asked by simran4god at 10:23 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Holidays

• go to thingsremembered.com they have beautiful snow globes that you can engrave among other things or a gift card for a resturaunt they like? and some movie tickets?
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:24 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• What if you make them a family tree? Just their family together? The kids and the grandkids.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• How about writing a poem from the heart and put it in a nice frame. They will cherish it forever.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Do they still like to get out to their favorite restaurant? maybe a gift card to their fav.restaurant/
    leahc

Answer by leahc at 10:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• The traditional gift for a 30th anniversary is pearl and the modern gift is diamond.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• When my parents were alive we always got them something for the yard, they were always making things look nice in the spring. They loved the outdoors. Just try to think of something that they both love to do together...
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 10:36 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Thanks alot guys.. :) I think I'll actually go for the pict.. I'll get everyone together.. my family only (not my in-laws) and get a pict taken with our daughter.. and then I guess they can go out to eat some where.. my dh was trying to get them ticks to the rockets but my parents don't have a day of on the 26th...:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I wouldn't want jewelry or something to sit around the house. We are trying to cut down on things that sit around. :) I'd say the restaurant gift certificate sounds very good. or if they like plays, a season subscription to a local playhouse. Or depending on how much you want to spend, a weekend at a bed and breakfast within reasonable driving. For something for the house- new pillows, new sheets or linens, New electric blanket.

Answer by Bmat at 11:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think a picture is a great idea...also the things remembered was a great one too. My parents have been married for 37 years.

Nowadays, it really is a lovely thing!!
    Anonymous

• Get them a weekend at a Bed and Breakfast.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:00 AM on Dec. 20, 2008