to the new girlfriend

I know this may sound strange, but i want to get my exhusbands girl a thankyou/Christmas gift. She was so nice to call me and we had a nice talk and she made me feel better about things and myself. What should I get her and do you think this is strange?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• I love candles, so I would choose a candle. It's not too personal.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• If you and ex have children together, then yes, it's worth your effort to befriend her. If no children, then let it go, and don't get involved in her life with him.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 10:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think it's great. I like the idea suggested about candles. It keeps it casual yet thoughtful.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I agree a casual gif twould be the best way to go... I can understand why a PP would say not to get involved unless there are children involved but this is a gift to say thank you for a kind gesture. Not a let's be best friends, here;s a present gift. Keep it casual, a candle, a bath set, a box of pasta and some cute oven mitts in a basket or something along thoise lines. Right now this is a one time gift, if the two of you become friends in the future the gifts can become more personal but for now it's just a nice way to say thank you for being kind to me.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I absolutely love the idea that you're open to her. So many people just aren't and I don't know if I could but even a card would be okay with a note saying how much you appreciate the kind words.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think it's a nice gesture; I'm sure she would appreicate it and it would make life easier later when you both have to deal with eachother; being cordial is never a bad thing. I see you are interested in a candle for her: try these:

http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/reps/staci1228.php
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Wow if you can have a relationship with her like that where you both respect eachother that's great. I'm assuming you have kids with your ex so good co-operative communication is great! Good for you.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• tat2edmommy, a box of pasta?
    i think that is the stranget gift idea i've ever heard, not bashing, it just threw me for a loop

op, candels and bath sets are great ideas for a gift for someone you dont know very well
    and congrats to both you ladies for being nice to each other, its not something you see everyday, espically between the ex-gf and the new gf
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• lmao i missed the box of pasta part.. lol it is pretty strange but hey, whatever works i guess?

i agree with everyone's gifts and just add a nice thank you card
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 11:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Nothing don't go there with her. You don't want anything misread or to go wrong. Just be civil and polite. You aren't her friend, and you will make her feel sorry for helping you. It sounds to weird and stalker-like for me.

Anonymous