Monster Mom-In-Law.. HELP!

I'm going through so much with my in-laws. We(my dh, myself and my daughter -I'm expecting my 2nd one) have been living with them for almost 2 yrs. She has made my life hell. She's sweet in front of dh and a mean when he's not there. She HATES me and has told me so many better looking girls wanted to marry her son.. but he wanted to marry me. She is super nosy and tries to control everything. My hubby tells me to realize she'll never change and deal with it.. I can't do it anymore.. what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Move out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• first of all.. move out. get on your feet and leave then you won't have to deal with her!! I don't know your circumstances for living with them but fix it and fast. i have a monster in law also... but she's never told me i was ugly or anything. but she has said VERY RUDE things.. and is always in our business. ugh. can't stand that woman. but i kept complaing to my hubby and had a talk with her right after i had my son and things got a little better. but i still don't get along that much with her or his sister. but i don't really care. we can have conversations when were there but but i definitely don't go outof my way to do something with her
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Best solution - MOVE OUT ASAP. Living with IL's is NEVER good for your marriage. Your in her house - which means her rules and that's a no win situation. I think that you and your DH need to get into marriage counceling - DH married YOU and needs to stand up for YOU against his Mommy. If he won't stand up for you than you need to stand up for yourself!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Move out, or suck it up and realize she's doing you a great service by letting you live in her house.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 11:11 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Wow..What a beotch..I dare my MIL to tell me there were better looking girls..she would get cussed for everything she is worth.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• If I had "houseguests" for two + years, I might be a little grouchy too!

Do you have a timeframe from moving out?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I'd be cranky too if my kids and their spouse and kids were living with me for a long period of time. I don't understand all of the people saying they'd they'd tell their MIL off... I would dare any man to ever curse my Mom. Even people with bad mothers don't want someone cursing their Mom out.
    Maybe she's telling you in a whacked out way that her son could've married some beautiful women, but his heart is with you and doesn't matter what the eyes see.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Ha Ha.. right now moving out is not an option... I just feel majorly STUCK!!! She's been calling me for the past few times at home.. I haven't picked up the phone.. I can't take talking to her right now.. I feel like throwing up anyways cuz of the morning sickness... but she makes it alot worse.. but she's a sweetie when her son is there.. it's not my fault that I don't have a son.. My daughter I love alot.. and first I was hoping I'd have a boy that way she can shut up.. but I don't care... cuz I love this baby which is growing inside of me..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My mil was the same way when we had to stay with her. She would even go into the bathroom to talk about me and I could hear her lol. What ended up happening was I had my baby feb 8th and dh and I didnt tell her anything but got our taxes the next week, and moved out without any notice. She has still caused problems since claiming its my fault her son doesnt call her etc but it really has to do with something else. He finally told her he wasnt going to put up with her lies & mouth and if she wanted to see the kids she could go through me bc he was done with her. Since then shes changed her tune.

Answer by gemgem at 11:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• why would you have another child if you can't give the one you have NOW a home?? that would make me grouchy too.. having another child in HER house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2008