• In the Spotlight:

Would you consider this stealing?

I was in a store last night with two friends. We went to a register to return an item. Then we found a shirt and hat to buy.. so we went back to that same person and my friend opened up a store card. So she got a 10% off for opening and then the lady gave us an additional 10 dollar off. So she asked how long is it good for? She said until it gets taken away ;) and gave us a wink. (the 10 dollar off coupon) but we left.. and ended up going back. We went in and saw her again. She said came back to use the coupon?! We were like maybe! She said this is my area so come back here and i'll take care of you. We said ok. And then asked if she was going to take it off every item. she said well of course! (cont)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Shopping

• YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG..GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• So I ended up getting 2 pairs of shoes, 2 bras, 2 undies, a photo album, and a 10 piece gift set of photo albums all for 32 dollars!!! (annd my friend got a couple things also) I asked her if she was a manager before we started and she said yeah. So i think it was okay.. what do you think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think the "manager" won't be working there much longer.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 11:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You did nothing wrong.. It was oked by an employee of the store and if it comes down on any one it will be her. Do you feel guilty for having paid so little?
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• if it was the manager then you should be fine. either way it was a good deal!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I don't think it's stealing. If she was the manager than she'll probably get in trouble for finding out. I don't think you did anything wrong though and if it was stealing you would go to jail but you can't go to jail for that.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• okay, and yes i do feel guilty because i paid soo little. but she was soo sweet too.. and i even asked her if she can get in trouble for it and she said the motto is make the customer happy!! And they live by it there. i just think it was crazy... but i deffinitely took advantage of it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• You did what the "manager" said was okay to do. You paid for your items with a coupon. If she went against store policy then she will have to be the one to answer.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:11 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I think that employee was smart enough to spot a good customer.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:12 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I am the manager where I work, and "deals" are up to my discretion. If I know someone is a loyal, likely repeat customer, I will "work with them".
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 11:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2008