What do you think about people with lip piercings?

I want your honest answers. I am planning on getting my lip pierced this weekend. I was talking to my sister about it and she said that it looked trashy and a mom shouldnt have one. So what do all you moms think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think what makes a person trashy is how they act....not what they look like.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:14 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I don't really think anything of it.

Being a mom doesn't mean you can't have piercings and tattoos. Do what you want - at least if you get tired of the piercing, it can grow back in.

Being a grandma and a piercing... now that might look a little odd.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I dont think anything about them. My son has his peirced so does my dh & cousin.

Answer by gemgem at 11:17 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have 17 piercings but not a single one in my face. It's not my taste and I know no matter what people are going to judge me from the get go for having body mods I can't cover. It depends on what you think and whether you care what people think or not. I don't think you should not get one because you're a mom, I think that decsion should come from your work enviroment, your partners opinion and how you feel about it. It's a very personal decison and not one that should be made lightly at this point in your life. BUT if you do it and you don't like it or you don't like peoples reactions to it, it's only a piercing and you CAN take it out.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I wish I was young still. Cause I would like to have some piercings and tattoos. But I'm to old for that stuff now.

Answer by louise2 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I don't know some of my really hot chick friends have it done and they look good and my man has his done and it is soooo sexy when we make out cause of it, not to mention his tongue too. I think it just all depends on your facial type and your actual style cause if you are like some prissy priss that's always dressed just perfect and always has to look perfect then it might look a bit weird on you but if you have a crazy laid back chill kinda look then it would be sweet looking.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 11:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I got my nose pierced for my 40th birthday and my tat for Christmas same year. Go for it. If later you don't like it u can take it out. Also, like pp said... depends on if you care what ppl think.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• My husband has one. I think they're alright. It takes a certain person to pull it off, I guess.
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 11:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I have to be honest and say that when talking to someone with a lip piercing it's hard for me to focus on what they're saying. I find myself watching their lips instead and miss half of what they're saying. It's kind of like that Tide stain remover commercial...the person finds that all they can look at is the stain and they can't concentrate on what the person is saying no matter how important it may or may not be. Having said that I think that you should do what makes you happy because in the BIG picture....it's about you and what you want and not about anyone else. Being yourself is MOST important....smiles
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I am 42 so an "older" mom...I don't think they look good. Just my oppinion but I think people do judge people on appearances weather we like it or not...and face piercings just don't say...adult or classy. I don't think I would want to have one and go to a parent teacher conference with it. Plus people judge our children by us. I have a tattoo on my ankle and my belly pierced but these are things I can cover up. I am sure you are a wonderful person and the piercings you have don't change that...but society can be harsh and I ask why make it harder than it has to be? I am guessing you are much younger than me and maybe your generation is a bit more tolerant of these things than mine is.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2008