Contractions?!

Ok... yesterday I was having sporadic contractions. Well today I am getting a cramping/ contraction feeling in my lower back. They are 20 mins apart lasting about 1-2mins. First baby 35 almost 36wks. What am I suppose to do?? Is this back labor?? Waiting on doc to call back
Thanks

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be prodomal labor (regular contractions that don't get close together). It's also known as false labor. I didn't have it with my son but I had it for a few weeks with my daughter.

When you finally go into labor there will be no doubt in your mind that you're having contractions. Even if they're not painful (which is possible). You'll know it. Durring the contraction nothing else exists and you can't think or speak. They're that intense (mine weren't painful but they were intense).
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I just had another one.... and it was only 8mins from the last and OMG it hurt sooo bad!!
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I've been in false labor for about two weeks now. I'm almost 35 weeks. If they get continuously 5-10 min apart I'm supposed to call my OB. But I've had them so random. It hurts real bad, but nothing you can really do. Call your OB if you're worried.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I experienced pre-term labor with my son, there was no pain, but I felt the cramping, I actually woke up with contractions 3 minutes apart. I had learned in my pre-natal class that walking will usually bring false labor to a halt, but will intensify true labor. I paced up and down our house a while and timed contractions as I walked, when they kept up that consistency for about 45 min. I headed to the Hospital, I was 33 weeks along and they stopped my contractions. I would continue to time them, if you have about 5 within an hour that's when you'd want to consider heading to the Hospital.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Take a warm bath and write down every time you get one. If they get closer together then you should call your doctor. If they are sporadic, then mostly they are BH. Regular contractions will start getting closer together and longer.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Im waiting for the nurse to call back... but with them it could be tonight before they ever call me back
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Yesterday was sporadic today is staying pretty much on schedule
    Babyclark08

• I am 39 weeks today and i had contactions 5 mins apart last night and went to L&D, i am at 2 cm amd 50% effaced then had me drink a bunch of water to slow the contactions down. then sent me home. so it could be nothing but just keep timing them. the hospital told me that i should come back hen my water breaks or my contractions are 5 mins apart and icant walk or talk threw them . good luck
    babyzawojskyj08

Answer by babyzawojskyj08 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2008