Do hemroids go away by themselves?

I have hemroids a year and a half after having a baby. Has anyone ever had them removed? Was it a painful process? They don't bother me, but it looks gross down there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Health

• Yes, they will come and go. You can get suppositories that help with pain and speed in healing. You doctor can prescribe. Eat a high fiber diet. That can help reduce the amount of recurrences.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 11:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• mine are sooooooooooooo bad,,i soak in the bath (hot) or use tux,,,,,,no beer or spicey food,,,if i do they grow.....lol
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Also,,,,,,,,surgery i heard is the worst ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i guess the aftermath is real bad,,,,,,,exercise and avoid stress
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I've never heard of them going away. I've heard of them getting worse though. I've had them get worse with each pregnancy. My mom had them removed years ago and then they basically tied or wrapped little elastics around them till they fell off. That was painful seeing her go through that. But it is something I've discussed with my dr to have done, she just wanted me to wait till I was done having children. Now I am so it's time to be rid of them! I don't always feel I'm as clean as I'd like to be with them. So good riddance!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2008