What do you think?! Should I still give her a xmas gift even though she won't be here.. i have met her a total of 2 times i think?! I know it isn't her fault.. but money is tight and i just want to take it back and get my money back! (40 dollars)

Okay, so my brother met a girl in about july or august who had to daughters who lived 2 hours away. In october they got engaged. In november he completely moved down to wear she lives and they got an apartment together. (i know crazy huh? but its nothing shocking coming from my brother) We like her and her girls.. we've all accepted this thinking its stupid nothing we would do.. but its his life.

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Holidays

• Oh! And it is not her sister's fault she has to be somewhere else give the girl her present and when ever you do see the other give her present.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• SO this is the problem. The girls have 2 different dads, the older one sees her dad maybe once every 3 months. the younger one sees her every weekend. Well there coming here for xmas eve and are leaving xmas morning at 11. Well the dad wants her by 10 xmas morning. so she isn't coming at all. I already bought their xmas gifts. But i'm mad because i don't think if the younger one will be here i should have to get her anything. I know its not her fault but money is tight and i still have the reciept. i don't want to hurt anyone but its not fair for me to not see her open the gifts I bought her?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would say give her the gift. If her sister gets one and she doesn't it'll really hurt her feelings.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Yes, the two girls should have the same kind of gifts (or similar in cost) whether you see her or not. I hate not seeing people open the presents I'd worked so hard to get them, but it would be sad for her feelings to be hurt.

Answer by Bmat at 11:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I would give gifts to both girls. If you spent too much, you could return the gifts and get less expensive ones for both girls, but I definitely wouldn't leave either girl out. I would be really offended for any of my children if someone chose to leave one of them out; I could understand no gifts for any of them, but not gifts for just some of them.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• well i was thinking still giving her one of her gifts and taking hte other two back so she still gets SOMETHING. but not all of it. I barely know this girl i just don't think its fair! My husband works HARD for the money we have. She's going to have more presents than she knows what to do with it anyways. errrr
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• id say you bought it give it to her if you give one of the girls a gift and not the other you will hurt her feelings its not her fault she cant be there shes just being told where she has to go for christmas.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• All I know it's all about the kids they don't understand what us adults go through. If they are still very young just go to the Dollar General or Dollar Tree somewhere you don't have to spend a fortune no matter what you get kids they will not take care of them as well as if you were right there monitor their stuff. Get your money back and get them something cheaper it they are teenagers get them a gift card (like food... Sonic or where ever they like to eat $10.00 ea.) After all you don't know if your brother is going to still be with this girl (it could only be a fling). Just do this this time. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• btw theyre getting marrried jan 24
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• the proper ettiquet would be to give both kids gift because they were both invited and also the little one didn't choose where she wants to spend xmas. plus it shouldn't matter if you see them open the gift. a gift comes from the heart and is there to delight someone else not you by seeing them open it or being thanked for etc.
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 1:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2008