What would you do if you caught your husband

So I took the kids to school after the 2 hr. delay, which unkown to me, was cancelled. I head back home to get them some stuff to do at my work and my husband's car is in the driveway. I thought it was a little fishy because I was home all morning and he got there when he knew I'd be gone. So, I walk in and I can hear him playing video games with his friend/co-worker in the garage. I walk out there and he looks startled to see me. I don't know why so I just start talking about the school and work. He's still acting weird so I walk over there and look in his lap and he was rolling a joint!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• i woulda flipped
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I was so angry (understatement). I tell him to get in the house and I sent my kids to their room and I start yelling at him. He doesn't have much to say. He said it was the other guys (?), I went out there and told him "I have kids and this is not a party house! It may have been cool when you were 15, but we're adults now and you don't bring that shit to my house!" I am livid, I am not sure what I'm gonna do/say tonight. So what would you do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• I forgot to put CONTINUED
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i dont know what i would do cuz my husband doesnt keep things like that from me. He smoked when we got together and has since quit but once in a while he does like to smoke once in a while with a buddy. But he always tells me.
    I guess maybe later tonight you should ask him how long he has been doing it behind your back and why he felt the need to do it behind your back? Try and stay calm getting all mad isnt going to help.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• No Christmas presents for him!

Seriously, I would have been speechless and I don't know what I would have done....yelled at him, slapped him upside the head, kicked out the friend....

I hope you guys can work things out. I'm guessing there's going to be a long conversation tonight!
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 11:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Talk with him and maybe the two of you should discuss what is appropriate to do in your house. If he's involved in deciding what's acceptable that might help him see what's truly important. It may help him to see things from a different prespective. He might not have thought about this would relate to the kids because they were to be at school today, not that that excuses it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:50 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Ok, I never thought I would say this to Anon. But you are AWESOME. That ROCKED.

Keep laying down the law and being strong.

Who CARES why he is doing something illegal, stupid, and icky? He needs to grow up and be an adult.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• He says he does it about once a month. Well, at first he said never. Which I replied with "I'm neither stupid nor gullible so try again." and the truth came out. I knew he smoked before we got together (5yrs. ago), and in high school, but I was unaware that he still did it. He knows how I feel about it and I don't even let him smoke cigarettes in the house (dd has asthma). I'm not happy about them doing something illegal in my garage, but I'm really angry about the dishonesty part. I was so mad when I left the house I contemplated getting a legal separation. He said he was sorry so, when we get home tonight we'll just see how sorry he is.
    Anonymous

• Honestly? I think I would have laughed my ass off!!
    Anonymous

• Seriously? You would really get separated because he smokes pot? Or because he kept it from you?
    Anonymous