• In the Spotlight:

How ignorant can people get?!?! Being pregnant and just being in denial for 19 WEEKS!!!!

I'm just venting to other moms.. i have a friend whos friend got pregnant.. took multiple test and they were all positive and she blamed it on her birthcontrol being screwed up. and she wasn't. well 19 weeks later she finally comes to grips with it and goes to the dr and is freaking half way done with her pregnancy. (she doesn't know who the dad is and has partied all throughout the pregnancy) I feel SOO bad for that baby... imagine what it could have wrong with it! NO vitamins AND alcohol. If she couldn't take care of it while it was EASY to take care of how is she going to take care of OUTSIDE THE WOMB. i pray she puts it up for adoption. I'm not really judging her.. i sympathize for her because i know her dad is a jerk and would flip (idk if she told or not yet) But it just makes me SICK to know someone is that irresponsible. HOW LAME!????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Some people don't deserve the babies they've created >: /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• i know someone that denied it the WHOLE pregnancy, until she had him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• not everyone is perfect and i dont think you should jump to conclusions that she will be a bad mom. Everyone deals with things different and we can only pray that the baby will be born happy and healthy even though she has not taken care of herself. Im assuming shes young and maybe really has no reality what kind of affects her life style may have created.
    Anonymous

• I know how frustrating that is. My cousin did this same thing (ignored the pregnancy) TWICE! It's hard to understand why people do this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 19, 2008

• People create their own world and their own reality around them. I suppose if they think they ignore it long enough, it'll just go away.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• Not only did my sister deny that she was pregnant (at 16) even when she was sitting in the doctors office with my mother and the doctor was telling her she was pregnant all she said was "No I'm not" she had the baby and it was put up for adoption. To this day she denies ever having that baby. It is so sad. I can't imagine what goes through her head.
    Anonymous

• I know a girl who TRULY did not know that she was pregnant until she was 7 months along, my friend's little sister. She kept spotting about once a month which she thought was her period, she went to the doctor when the baby was kicking her, thinking something was wrong with her stomach or something. She was gaining weight so she was working out like crazy.... all kinda things. So that was tough, but she truly DIDN'T know. That's sad that a lot of women are in such denial though....it really really is.
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 12:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2008

• my sis was 5 months along before she started getting care for either of hers they came out fine but it could have gone so much different. The first time she was young and scared (14) and didn't want anyone to know the second it took her that long just to get the insurance for the DR luckily she did not drink or party though either.
    Anonymous