My DH says I always have something to say. I guess I do talk alot. He says I wear him down. I've tried to be a quieter wife - but it doesn't work. I guess I need to be more submissive. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• wear him down meaning the types of things you say?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Lol, Tell him say something so you don't have to say it all.
    Just one day or two, be a quiet wife. He would wish that you were not that quiet because you might be upset or sick, it might scare shit out of him. hahahah
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My fiance and I have been together for 5 years, he also say's my MOUTH is a problem. I have also tried to be as you say Quote " Quieter Wife" end quote. lol. but I just can't. I am a debater my nature. when we argue I tend to get louder and louder even though I would much rather have a peacful argument. That probably would wear someone down, so all I can say is just try a bit more to argue softer. I dont think you need to change to become more submissive if that is not who you are. GL.
    AuntieVetta

Answer by AuntieVetta at 10:20 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Submissive means submitting to what your husband wants regardless of whether it is something you believe in or want. Is this what you really want to do? Just be yourself, but be mindful of his level of tolerance for talking. Lots of men just don't appreciate talking, conversation, or hashing things out with words the way women do. If you feel that you need to really go on and on about something, but you know that talking too much about it with your DH might not go over well, try writing in a journal or calling a friend. But, really, just be yourself. Your husband loves you for you.
    ShammyShell

Answer by ShammyShell at 10:22 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I talk a lot too. It's just my personality. I was always this way, my hubby acts like her never noticed it sometimes, but I haven't changed any. Submit to changing your talkin' self? Never...be you, be happy.
    Bamma283

Answer by Bamma283 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I'm trying too. I'm bad. I like to use 'Yes' or 'No' for an answer. or 'I don't care' (where to eat at or if he wants to rent movies) then he starts asking 'what's wrong?' 'do you feel okay?' 'what are you thinking about?' 'why so quiet?' I just say I don't have anything to say. when he comes around you, just take it as a challenge. try it a few times a week at first.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 10:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• he knew you were like that whne you married, ell him to just deal with it. thats who you are, and he knew that b4 he said his vows. Be who you are, maybe try to let him talk more, but other then that dont change you.
    maisynmommy

Answer by maisynmommy at 10:45 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You should be yourself! ALWAYS!
    comfycouch

Answer by comfycouch at 11:05 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• If you don't have any other friends than your husband, maybe you're just conversation starved and he's tired of being your only outlet. Join some clubs or women's groups, Bible studies, anything! Just go find yourself some good girlfriends that you can gab with so that you don't have to talk to him as much. Then when you do talk to him, make sure it's things like "How was your day? What happened at work? How are you feeling? What would you like to do?" Etc... And make sure he gets a good chance to tell you.
    ArtC

Answer by ArtC at 11:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• I don't think being submissive has anything to do with it... If you feel the need to talk, talk.. no one has the right to tell otherwise...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:55 PM on Jul. 13, 2008